Problems Installing Our App?
If you’ve arrived at this page, chances are, you are having issues when trying to install our Android app to your tablet. This issue seems to be most prevalent on Android tablets that are running versions of Android below Android 3.0 (ex. Android 2.3 – Gingerbread, Android 2.2 – Froyo). This issue has been acknowledged by Google and they are currently working to fix the problem, but there IS some good news! We have a workaround available for you, so you’re able to use our application. There are a few steps to take which will be outlined below, but there is one disclaimer you need to read, before beginning this process.
Disclaimer: We understand that you are having issues with installing our application to your Android tablet. This issue stems from the fact that your Android tablet is running a version of Android that is lower than Android 3.0 (aka Honeycomb). Although we are providing a workaround, you *may* notice that some of the apps that are listed will not install to your device. This issue should be rare, but we want you to understand the situation. Most applications that are developed for Android tablets, will only run on Android 3.0 or higher. Since you’re running Android 2.3 or lower, you will more than likely have trouble getting the app to work on your device. Please keep this in mind when using our application to browse Android tablet apps. One way we are able to help you in this situation is by our listing the minimum version of Android required to run an app, which is located toward the bottom of each application’s description page.
Now, we hope that this issue is resolved soon, so developers and Android tablet owners alike can have a better Market and app experience. For now, we have created a special version of our application that should have no problems running on your tablet. If you still have issues, please use our contact form (on our website, http://www.androidtabapps.com ) to report these issues.
Installing Our Application Manually
- Download our application to your computer (download is at the bottom of this page).
- Log in to your Gmail account in a browser on your computer. (Use the Gmail account that you set up on your tablet)
- Compose a new email to yourself, attaching our application to the email. Enter something in the body of the email, doesn’t matter what it is. (This is to avoid a popup asking you if you really want to send an empty message).
- Wait for the email to arrive on your tablet.
- Now, on your tablet, follow these instructions:
- Press the Menu button.
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap “Applications”.
- Tap “Unknown Sources” to place a ‘check mark’ in the box.
- Accept the warning message. This tells you that you’re allowing yourself to install apps that are not from the Market.
- Tap “Home” to get to your home screen.
- Open your Gmail app.
- Open the email you sent to yourself with our app attached.
- You should have an “Install” button next to the attachment’s name. Tap it.
- Install the app, following the instructions on the screen.
- Tap “Home” again.
- Go into your apps drawer. Find and open “Android Tablet Apps”.
113.2 KiB • 38 Downloads