Written by a screenwriter, DubScript is a screenplay reader app, which, on a good day, should allow you to view many FDX (Final Draft 8) movie screenplay-formatted scripts as well as screenplay files from either the Trelby or CeltX screenplay programs. (CeltX users must first export the script to .html format.)
Others may charge as high as mid-range single digits for a finely-crafted script-reading product, but since this isn’t one, DubScript is offered to you for a limited time at three (3) easy installments of ONLY $0.00 on the Android Market!
What a deal!
DubScript is currently “beta” quality. Meaning everything may not work 100%. THIS BETA VERSION IS SET TO EXPIRE AT THE END OF MARCH, 2012.
* View many Final Draft (.fdx) screenplay-formatted scripts and outlines
* View many CeltX files ( export script to .html or extract .html file from the .celtx file)
* View many Trelby (.trelby) screenplay files.
* Page Up/Down buttons
* White-on-black text
* Text searching
* Text-To-Speech (this reads your script out loud!)
* Male/female voices
* Slug lines read as other gender
* Horizontal fast-scroll bar
* Page up/down buttons
* Multiple font support
* Title page (if you have one)
* Dual-dialog in FDX
Not (Yet) Supported
* Page numbering/breaks
* TV and other formatted scripts
* Configurable margins
* Scene numbering
* Text revisioning (asterisks/color changes)
* FDX voice assignment
* and much, much more is missing too!
Questions? Complaints? Or just want to say hello? Visit http://www.dubscript.com or follow @DubScript on Twitter.
1.0 beta 23 -
* Initial support for .trelby screenplay files. Trelby (www.trelby.org) is a free, multiplatform, open-source screenplay-writing program introduced to the world in Jan, 2012.
* Minor tweaks to UI
1.0 beta 22 -
* more professional (?) “About” screen
* new font– GNUTypewriter
* built with new SDK- now targets Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3
1.0 beta 21 -
* (hopefully) fixed rare crasher with new file chooser.
* Added instructions to file chooser about picking file.
1.0 beta 20 -
* New faster, custom file chooser
* New fancy “Loading” dialog
* Friendlier first-time run
* Eliminated dependency on external file manager
* Vastly improved CeltX rendering
* File Chooser + About activities use Fragments
(still a few more to update)
* Built with latest tools from Google
* Lots of code cleanup & About page fixes
1.0 beta 19 – Now works with Ice Cream Sandwich. Much improved support for Honeycomb too. Looks better on tablets. Includes native search/action items for 3.x and 4.x APIs. Built w/ newest sdk/tools. Includes compatibility library v4 for older devices. Reordered menu items. Fixed “about” text. Hide “speak” item when not needed. And more cleanup, etc.
1.0 beta 18 – minor update. Updated SDK, better explanation in Info menu on using celtx files (short version: export the .celtx file as .html or dig the .html out of the .celtx file by first appending .gz to the filename), also extended the beta period into March of 2012. Please continue to send feedback/ratings!!
1.0 beta 17 – minor update. Fixes rare crash when trying to speak a non-script file.
1.0 beta 16 – By request- support app2SD (via settings)
1.0 beta 15 – (hopefully) Add compatibility for devices of varying screen sizes and pixel densities
1.0 beta 14 – Initial public beta